Warning: the following quotes are sure to induce wanderlust.
Get ready to pack your bags! After reading these quotes, it will be hard to resist buying a plane ticket to the next destination on your bucket list.
1. “One travels to run away from routine, that dreadful routine that kills all imagination and all our capacity for enthusiasm.” – Ella Maillart
2. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
3. “I haven’t been everywhere but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
4. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
5. Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
6. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
7. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
8. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
9. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
10. “Not all those who wander are lost.” J. R. R. Tolkien
Did I miss your favorite travel quote? Please post it in the comments!
Sign-up for the Happiness E-newsletter
Do you wish to be happy? Sign up to get Dashworthy updates sent right to your inbox. Start living your dream life today! Visit Dashworthy.com/Subscribe.