I’m excited to kick off the #BikiniYogaChallenge, just in time for summer!
Once again this will be a weekly challenge: One pose. One week to complete. One prize giveaway weekly!
This time, I’m giving away a different, beautiful and sporty swimsuit each week so you can get your yoga on at the beach! This yoga challenge will run for eight weeks, from May 29 through July 23.
Please note: You are welcome, but not required, to wear a swimsuit in the photo you submit for the weekly challenge. You are entering to win a swimsuit, but that doesn’t mean you have to wear one if you prefer to post a photo in other comfy yoga clothing. 🙂
I had fun picking the poses, weaving in summer-themed asana when possible. I hope you’ll have fun practicing them and can’t wait to see your beautiful poses!
Yoga Teaching Update
I am officially a 200-hour certified Vinyasa yoga instructor! A big thanks for all of the love and support along the way.
You’re invited to join me for a weekly outdoor Vinyasa yoga class facing Mission Bay in Mission Beach, San Diego, Calif., every Saturday from 10 to 11 a.m. I am also available for private instruction and group events in southern California.
Click to learn more: Schedule.
Stay tuned for more special event and retreat announcements!
#DashworthyYogaChallenge Week 1: Star Pose
This is a fun and easy pose to warm up for the eight-week beachy yoga challenge ahead. This may even be the first time you’re introduced to star pose!
Channel your inner star fish and reach out to find length in this light-hearted yoga pose.
Five-Pointed Star Yoga Pose Instructions
- Start in tadasana, mountain pose. Step your feet wide apart with your arms spread out wide in line with your shoulders. Your feet should be below wrists, parallel to one another.
- Root down strong through all four corners of your feet. Engage the quads, lift your knee caps and tuck your tailbone.
- Relax your shoulders down and back away from your ears. Gently open your chest. Reach the fingertips out long. li>
- Inhale deeply and press the crown of your head up toward the sky. Feel your body expand out in all five directions.
- Hold for 3-5 breaths. To release, bend one knee to return to tadasana.
- Lengthens, opens and energizes the entire body.
- Aligns the spine correctly, improving posture and reducing back and shoulder pain.
- Opens the chest and heart.
How-to Enter the #BikiniYogaChallenge for the Chance to Win a Bikini!
- Share a photo or video of your star pose in social media using #BikiniYogaChallenge by Saturday, June 4 at 5 p.m. PST.
- Follow and tag @Dashworthy and this week’s stunning swimsuit sponsor @RedCarterSwim.
- Tag a few yogi friends to join the fun!
Please note: If this exact swimsuit is not available a similar style will be provided.
The winner is announced Sunday, June 5 when the next yoga pose challenge is posted.
About this Week’s Sponsor: Red Carter Swim
I absolutely LOVE their fun prints and styles!
Check out the rest of their gorgeous designer swim line here: RedCarter.com.
I can’t wait to see your yoga poses during the #BikiniYogaChallenge over the next eight weeks!
In love & light,
Sign-up to receive #BikiniYogaChallenge email updates.