We’re continuing with the ocean theme for #BikiniYogaChallenge week 6 in boat pose. If you aren’t heated up from the challenge yet, this pose will add some fire to your core work!
Share your boat pose photo using #BikiniYogaChallenge by Saturday, July 9 for the chance to win this bright, scalloped reversible swimsuit by PilyQ!
I loved seeing your fishies last week and can’t wait to see your boat poses this week! Thanks for letting us into your summer fun.
Remember, you can wear a swimsuit in your photo, but you don’t have to in order to win one. #BikiniYogaChallenge features a different weekly giveaway now through July 23.
#DashworthyYogaChallenge Week 6: Boat Pose
Sanskrit name: Paripurna Navasana
How to Do Boat Pose:
- Sit on the floor with legs straight out in front of you. Sit up straight then lean back slightly. Shift your weight onto your sitting bones and tailbone.
- Bend your knees, lift your feet off the floor. Start with knees bent, lifting shins parallel to the floor. If strong here, straighten legs, raising your toes above eye level. Lengthen through tailbone.
- Stretch your arms alongside legs, parallel to one another and the floor. Shoulder blades come down and away from your ears.
- The belly is firm but not hard and thick. Keep the lower belly flat. Engage jalandhara bandha (throat lock) by tucking the chin slightly to lift the base of the skull away from the back of the neck.
- Hold for 10-20 seconds. Gradually increase your holding time to one minute. Release the arms and legs with an exhalation, sit upright on inhalation.
- Stimulates prostate and thyroid glands, kidneys and intestines.
- Strengthens the abdomen, hip flexors and spine.
- Improves digestion.
How-to Enter the #BikiniYogaChallenge for the Chance to Win this Bikini!
- Share a photo or video of your boat pose in social media using #BikiniYogaChallenge by Saturday, July 9 at 5 p.m. PST.
- Follow and tag @Dashworthy and this week’s gorgeous, Spanish swimsuit sponsor @PilyQSwim.
- Tag a few yogi friends to join the fun!
The winner is announced Sunday, July 10 when the next yoga pose challenge is posted.
About this Week’s Sponsor: PilyQ
Okay, so maybe I have a soft spot for Spanish brands (and Spanish style in general!) Fun fact: I studied abroad and lived in Madrid, Spain my junior year of college where I absolutely fell in love with the culture.
I LOVE Spanish style and was immediately drawn to the bright colors, interesting styles and overall PilyQ line. They also feature beautiful yoga wear, too!
Fall in love, like I did, with PilyQ Barcelona: Pilyq.com.
Congratulations to #BikiniYogaChallenge Week 5 Winner: Shree
The winner of the Mi Ola Surf swimsuit from last week’s fish pose is Shree (@shreeyoga)
Congratulations and thanks to everyone who joined.
I can’t wait to see your boats this week in the #BikiniYogaChallenge!
In love & light,
Sign up to receive email updates: