Your New Favorite Gluten-Free Chocolate Dessert Recipe
Warning: If you love chocolate and coffee you may become addicted to this recipe. Two of your favorite things seamlessly blend into one dangerously delectable dessert.
Plus, there are only EIGHT ingredients, making this the easiest dessert to shop for and bake at home! Prepare to indulge in the very best dark chocolate espresso brownies you’re ever had.
These brownies pack a coffee punch! I skipped the teaspoon and went straight for my measuring cup for this irresistible gluten-free brownie recipe.
Only-the-best ingredients are included in this perfectly balanced dessert. If available, bake with organic ingredients; grass-fed dairy; cage-free, organic eggs, etc.
Are you ready to take your brownie game to the next level?
Dig in. Here’s my new favorite brownie recipe. I’m confident it will soon become yours, too.
Delicious Dark Chocolate Espresso Brownies Recipe
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter (I like Kerrygold grass-fed butter)
- 10 oz. dark chocolate baking chunks (I used 62% cacao made with organic unsweetened chocolate)
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup instant espresso coffee (I used Medaglia D’Oro)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (I used Himalayan Pink Salt)
- 4 large organic, cage-free eggs
- 1 cup organic almond meal/flour
- Preheat oven to 375. Coat the inside of a 9 x 9 inch ceramic (or metal) baking dish with organic virgin unrefined coconut oil.
- Melt the butter along with unsweetened dark chocolate chunks in a double boiler (if you don’t have one improvise with a medium kettle inside a large pot with a few inches of just simmering water). Stir often to ensure even melting, heating until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut sugar, espresso powder and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients into melted chocolate mixture. Batter may be clumpy.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition until batter is smooth.
- Spoon in vanilla and almond flour until combined.
- Spread batter evenly into your baking dish. Bake in the middle of the oven until top and edges are firm for approximately 25 minutes. Test with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, the brownies are ready. If not, put the brownies back in the oven for 5 minute increments until done.
- Allow the freshly-baked brownies to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Cut into four rows of six to get 24 delicious, dark-chocolate espresso brownies.
Enjoy! Not only are these treats delicious but they will also give you a boost of energy thanks to the dark chocolate and espresso coffee combination!
Did you make any adjustments to your recipe? Please share in the comments below.
Now go get em, tiger. 🙂